Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moving Day #2

I love Central Time Zone! We had a leisurely morning at the hotel highlighted by a visit from Bo Minter who joined us for breakfast. The extra hour made it all possible without blowing our itineray. Nice!

Dan and Bo


We're closing in on Memphis, TN. So far there has been too much of this:


And not enough of this:


Memphis!


The Mighty Mississippi somehow loses some majesty through my lense shot through the truck window. But it's a big landmark so it still counts for something.


I took over the driving at our gas stop just inside Arkansas so Dan could do some work. By this time the volume of traffic wasn't so bad which made it easy driving for me. I don't think I've ever driven through Arkansas so I was kind of surprised at the rolling landscape. I guess I thought the world was flat beyond what I've seen. Anyway, not many pictures here since I was driving and Dan was working.

Here is the Welcome to Oklahoma sign:


I stopped for gas just after Oklahoma City and turned the driving duties over to Dan. We stared into the unrelenting sunset until twilight allowed our retina's to recover. Next stop Amarillo, Texas and the 72oz Free Steak billboards about have us convinced we need to have a late dinner there....



Welcome to Texas!






Full Size Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment