Monday, August 22, 2016

Adventure 2016: San Juan Huts Durango to Moab

This year I'm giving the motorcycles a break (for their health) and giving my bicycle an adventure (for my health) along the San Juan Huts route from Durango, Co to Moab, Ut. The trip runs 7 days and 6 nights with travel by mountain bike and accomodations via backcountry huts. Maybe I'll come back to share stories from the trip. Maybe not. There is definitely a trend toward not. Facebook just makes it too easy these days. But the blog is great for sharing a map of my travel since I'll be out of cell phone range for days at a time. Remember, I have a 911 button with rescue services support if needed. So don't worry if I stop for awhile. This is a once-in-a-lifetime trip and I'll stop as often as necessary to soak it all in. Routing should begin on Tuesday Sept. 30 and stop on Monday Sept. 5. Until then it's just an empty map.

No comments:

Post a Comment